computer vision

Started by
14 comments, last by MohammadAhmed 11 years, 2 months ago

hello ,

what are your recommended math books for computer vision course (3D and 2D) , I need books names ?
and what are your recommended geometry books for that course too ?

Advertisement

!!

OK, I just need math books names for computer vision???

The phrase "computer vision" much like "artificial intelligence" is not a well defined term and tends to me different things to different people.

Could you be more specific about what you want to learn about?

First hit on google for "computer vision book" gives<br /><br />http://szeliski.org/Book/<br /><br />where you can download a pdf for free!

@jwezorek,

@jwezorek,

I need books for computer vision related to 3D associated with math books for it smile.png .However , I don't know if there is field in computer vision related to 3D games????

by the way, I don't want computer vision books for
robot or digital camera no but for 3D (3D computer graphics ) of course smile.png.

I don't know much about this field !! so I don't know if my question is right !

I just know about computer graphics and digital image processing.
I took as prerequisites math books ( Calculas 1 & 2 , linear algebra , discrete math ).

"Computer Vision" usually means making the computer understand and interpret signals, from for example cameras or images (typically to build an awareness or internal model of its content) so I don't really understand what you mean with computer vision for 3D and games...

Do you mean visualisation? That is, how to generate an image from your 2D or 3D data? Rendering, Raytracing, things like that?
mrmohadnan I agree with what Olof says above. I'm not sure what you mean by computer vision applied to 3D games. Could you tell us more about what you want to do? and we'll try to tell you what to research.

I think as an introduction '3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development' might suit.

I think as an introduction '3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development' might suit.

Well, yeah, that's about 3D math and graphics but the the OP was asking about computer vision.

I'm not sure what the OP means. The only thing I can think of is that "computer graphics" is basically about doing 3D model -> 2D raster image. Maybe mrmohadnan wants to go 2D raster image -> 3D model -- that is "computer vision" and is sort of related to 3D games, but without more info not sure.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement