xnacollision structure general transform function versions

Started by
1 comment, last by Chris_J_H 11 years, 2 months ago

Help! - I've been busy replacing my custom collision volumes with the xnacollison.h versions to make use of the xnamath.h SIMD functionality... and only just noticed that it doesn't provide the general transform functions for these volumes (ie. passing in a CXMMATRIX instead of the broken down contributions: translation, rotations etc. I now read that the directxcollision library has these functions but I am running on Windows 7 (DirectX June10 SDK) so cannot access it. The 4 functions I need are the (c++) equivalents of:

xnacollision.h : TransformSphere(), TransformAxisAlignedBox(), TransformOrientedBox(), TransformFrustum()

Does anyone have the source for general transform versions of these functions handy that they could let me have - to save me reinventing the wheel (and probably a lot less efficiently...)?

Advertisement

What you need is in DirectXCollision.h and DirectXCollision.inl,but there are a few functions that have changed from xnamath to DirectXMath(if I remember correctly,some xnamath functions that weren't templated are now templated in DirectXMath) [attachment=13333:Desktop.rar]
Also you can still DL the Windows 8 kit on Win7:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/hh852363.aspx

Thanks MrHeisenberg - I did not know you could use the Windows 8 SDK on Windows 7. Not sure I want to install it though - maybe I'll write my own functions to avoid having to do that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement