[?][JAVA] IDE

Started by
3 comments, last by ghostbear_ac 11 years, 2 months ago

I've been programmed with Notepad++ using the command prompt to compile. I have a folder called Data that holds all my images. A bat file that I use to compile sign ect. I can run the app and it runs great. It is an Applet. 'extends Applet'

How do I open Netbeans and create a new project and import this to Netbeans. I can't even get the Helloworld examples used to set up NetBeans or Eclipse or any other JavaIDE available for windows.

Environment variables set and I know they are set up correctly because I already compile with the command prompt and I needed to set them to get them to work.

Basically I have installed netbeans went to create project and that was as far as 'working' as I could get. Beyond that nothing works. Compiles fine with no errors, but as for running the program. Something isn't being set up correctly.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

WARNING: I edit my posts constantly.

Advertisement

Never mind. Not even going to bother.

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

This maybe a dumb question, but when you tried running it in eclipse did you click run as -> Java Applet? If so what errors did it give you?

-[My Blog]-

I never got to far with Eclipse. You're welcome to explain it to me. Perhaps skype? I just want to figure out one of the IDEs. smile.png

I uninstalled Netbeans because I created a project and imported my folders but added to much. I inadvertently added a folder containing 3000 images I hand drew and C programming projects I created well over 10 years ago. When I tried removing it from the project. NetBeans asked if I would like to remove the object. I said yes. It then proceeded to permanently delete it from my HDD rather than just out of the project. I felt like Simba at the beginning of the wildebeest stampede, no lie I watched it delete off the HDD from the open folder, just boop gone. Good thing there are such things as HDD recovery tools. Deleted it right off my main back up not putting it into the recycling bin but just DELETE done and final lol...sigh

EDIT: OK I figured out how to JAR the file and it runs initially. But I cannot figure out how to sign the applet. I get permission denial for using the mouse. Can this be done within Eclipse automatically? Cause that is a deal breaker if not.

Double EDIT: I had to manually sign it but it worked. Just need to figure out how to sign automatically with eclipse.

Triple EDIT: I guess I'll forget signing through Eclipse. I have my bat file already created to just sign the app and it works great. Plus Eclipse told me about a bunch of code that wasn't being used, so that was a plus.

Funny how your comment about trying to run it as an Applet lead me to the conclusion that it wasn't JARing the files since I needed to load my images from within the JAR itself. That led me to googling how to JAR with Eclipse. After getting the JAR and trying to run the Applet it gave me an error about permissions. I already knew how to give an applet dummy permissions and that led to the program working properly. So thanks. lol

Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP

All in a days work.

-[My Blog]-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement