What are the different ways for finding new game concepts?

Started by
11 comments, last by Malevolence 11 years, 2 months ago

Hi all,

I am searching on internet from many days for some new game concepts but I am not get something which is exciting and really inspires me.

I am not searching for any specific game genre.

If any one knows where to search then help me to find the same.

Advertisement

If you find a game concept by googling it, is it still new ?

If you find a game concept by googling it, is it still new ?

Yes it is...

Because I just don't copy the concepts but take inspiration from many games and combine all together to make a new game.

So if you are aware of any thing then do share.

Three Hundred Mechanics

Lost Garden: Posts tagged as "prototyping challenges"

Dogma 2001: A challenge to game designers

Rules of Play: Game Design Fundamentals

Forum filled with game design ideas and discussions

Lost Garden (a blog covering all sorts of game design topics)

The Designer's Notebook

Game Idea Generator

- Jason Astle-Adams

I think many game concepts have already been covered. Maybe what you should do is take a concept and come at it from a different perspective or approach. There are many Sci-fy games like Star Wars - . What makes them different is their Story. Take an old game, re-design it to make it your own. Change the story, location and the goal and you will have essentially a new concept.

Your Brain contains the Best Program Ever Written : Manage Your Data Wisely !!

The best way to come up with ideas for games is to play games. While playing a game, think about what YOU would have done to make it better or a feature that you think you could improve on.

Another popular thing these days are reboots of older games. What was your favorite game as a kid? I liked a game called Fantasy Empires that had a lot of original ideas in it. There hasn't really been a game like it since it came out in 1993. I think a modernized version would be awesome.

I also have ideas for games based on books, movies, or tv shows. Want to create an RPG? Read some fantasy novels. A zombie game? Read World War Z.

You can't really search for inspiration, it just sort of happens when you are least expecting it.

I am searching on internet from many days for some new game concepts but I am not get something which is exciting and really inspires me.

I am not searching for any specific game genre.

Inspiration can come from anywhere. Go outside, go to the mall. I haven't been to the mall lately, so I don't know if there are still stores like the Discovery Channel, with all kinds of wonderful toys and doodads inspired by science, like magnetism, liquid movements, flight... A perusal of that kind of store can spark a lot of ideas.

I also recommend the Roger von Oech books on creativity.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

We have great Ideas for games but no development team to back us up :( Which is probably the case for most lol!

We have great Ideas for games but no development team to back us up sad.png Which is probably the case for most lol!

Yes FrankDanJohansen I agree :)

Three Hundred Mechanics

Lost Garden: Posts tagged as "prototyping challenges"

Dogma 2001: A challenge to game designers

Rules of Play: Game Design Fundamentals

Forum filled with game design ideas and discussions

Lost Garden (a blog covering all sorts of game design topics)

The Designer's Notebook

Game Idea Generator

These are really helpful sites.

Thanks for sharing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement