Recomanded Books for Java

Started by
2 comments, last by Robert James Saunders 11 years, 2 months ago

Sorry for the last post I didn't realize it was an illegal site!

Does anyone recommend a book for beginner Java. Or a series of books that go from beginner/intermediate/advanced. I'm looking for something that is very detailed.

Also I will be learning C# after I learn a bit about Java. Any recommend books for this style as well?

Advertisement

Not exactly beginner, but an excellent read: Killer Game Programming in Java by Andrew Davison.

For C#, pick up Head First C#

and also Teach Yourself C# in 24 Hours.

Head first is a bit more friendly and game oriented were as Teach Yourself is more about making GUIs.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

Once you get around all Java features, Effective Java is a pretty nice read. It lists good practices, design patterns, considerations, etc. It won't teach you the language though, it assumes you know it.

Anyway Java is very well documented, so you can learn by your own a lot without having a book that teaches you every little aspect of it.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Has anyone ever read Introduction to Java Programming, Comprehensive (8th Edition) By Y.Danial Liang. It's a bit pricey but got a 4.5 out of 5 star rating. I do beleave I will be buying this book from reviews but I would like to know if there are any downsides and upsides to the book.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement