Windows Form Program Problem

Started by
5 comments, last by k4rm4 11 years, 2 months ago

I am doing a windows form program in c# for a school assignment. I haven't completed the program yet, but when I was testing to make sure my math and what not was working all of my textbox's were see through and I could click through them onto the windows below the program as if it were transparent. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

That shouldn't happen by accident. However, we have no way of guessing what is causing it. Can you post some code?

ScreenShot2_zps9d4fc5ce.jpg

On the left is what the program looks like in the designer and on the right I have the program running. As you can tell it is see through and I don't know why. I haven't changed any properties in the designer on any of the elements.

ScreenShot1_zps9e2f20de.jpg

Here is my code. And like I said I haven't completed this yet I just wanted to make sure that there were no errors before I continued. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Well, it's not your code that's causing the transparent textboxes, unless you've set up some weird settings in the .Designer.cs file.

It's probably something else on your system that's interfering somehow (corrupt .NET or Windows installation, strange video driver, a video renderer using a color-keyed technique, some software which manipulates HWNDs with certain properties, etc).

Do you think it could be a property of the textboxs themselves? Or the property of the program background? Because when I changed the color of the textboxs I can see what I type but if I click the textbox its still transparent.

I also wrote a program on the lecture my teacher was giving but I am not able to submit that as my own program, but I used all the same elements as that program but for some reason this happened to this program and not the one I did with the class and my teacher. This is very strange lol.

A friend of mine helped me out. It was the OpacityKey in the properties that was screwin with my program. Thanks for the help though :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement