Looking To Interact With Other Beginners

Started by
25 comments, last by Fs02 11 years, 2 months ago

So I started building my first game a text RPG over the Christmas holidays in Python:

https://github.com/JamPol/FirstAttemptProgrammingPython/blob/master/RPGBox.py

I've decided to switch over to C++ for various reasons. I'm looking for other complete beginners since I feel chatting and sharing what is learnt is the best way to learn. I've decided to become serious about making games and not just thinking about making games. I'm tired of coming up with ideas for the "ultimate project" and then realizing a reasons it can't be done. I just want to program game after game and work my way up. I'm not really much for voice chat but there's always the messaging system on gamedev.net, Steam, e-mail, Facebook, whatever works.

I don't believe there's any sort of chat section on Gamedev.net if anyone has any other suggestions for beginner friendly chat areas on the web, let me know. Thanks!

Also comments on my code and how it could have been improved would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
Hey there I just recently started as well and am slowly trying to learn the ropes in c++ as well. I work during the days but spend about 4-5hrs each night reading and learning stuff, it's been a slow process but I look forward to learning more and maybe we can help each other out

Awesome l2ob122 what language are you learning?

I'm up for joining in. I've been learning C++ for a little while now, but I seem to keep getting off track. I think with some other people to join in it'll be easier for me.

Hey, i'm up for joining. I am currently working in c++ too. I have skype or email : crusable7 (skype) Mathew_bergen@yahoo.ca(email). I look forward to talking to you.

I'm learning c++

I actually know a lil c++, intermediately and am moving over to C#. I too am looking for beginners looking to share Ideas and what not

What will I become?

Are any of you guys from Cali?

I will join with you, i have coded casually for the last 2 years. I am now programming in python and am soon moving on to c and java(school course). Just use my gamedev message system as that will surfice.

I have written a reasonable monster and weapon generator and basic combat if you wanted it for your rpg. However you will need to tweak variables etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement