Why not change the logo of this powerful forum?

Started by
38 comments, last by TheChubu 11 years, 2 months ago

The logo should be made a really complex interactive thing that you can spend 5 minutes on exploring its features.

It already is. Just no-one figure out how to turn the logo on.

We literally spent 4 years and over $50,000 developing the interactivity behind that logo. Sure, we could have spent it on like.. hiring a programmer to fix our crappy post editor but.. ya know.. the logo!

Also, to turn it on just <!--#met

Advertisement

Fuck.. editor ate the rest of my post

Someone needs to frame this post.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Not to hijack the thread, but it would be cool to have a contest on redesigning the "G" and displaying the winners every month or so.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I lol'ed IRL

Oh man... Now I'm trying to recall exactly what GD.Net looked like when I joined in the fall of 2001* -- It would be interesting to us old-timers to have a GD.Net through-the-years kind of thing, a timeline of site changes.

*Due to fallout from the great GD.Net hack-attack of '07, my account has a creation date much later than I've been around.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Seconded.

Oh man... Now I'm trying to recall exactly what GD.Net looked like when I joined in the fall of 2001* -- It would be interesting to us old-timers to have a GD.Net through-the-years kind of thing, a timeline of site changes.

*Due to fallout from the great GD.Net hack-attack of '07, my account has a creation date much later than I've been around.

http://www.gamedev.net/page/info/about/index.html - scroll down, and let nostalgia set in. (well, for those who've been here that long :P)

Ah, a hidden gem! It was good ol' version 3.0 when I joined but I might have caught the tail-end of 2.0 back when I was just a lurker. It looks familiar.

Thanks!

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Actually, looking closer at those dates, there seems to be something interesting going on:

GameDev.net v3 7/01-10/05
GameDev.net v3.1 1/02-5/03

GameDev.net v3.2 6/03-4/04
GameDev.net v3.3 5/04-10/05

I'm assuming v3 was from 7/01 - 12/01 ? Or did v3 run side-by-side along with v3.1, v3.2 and v3.3?

I'm assuming v3 was from 7/01 - 12/01 ? Or did v3 run side-by-side along with v3.1, v3.2 and v3.3?

Those are minor revision numbers -- 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 were all variations of v3, probably with only small changes to the same code base. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement