Audio presentation I did this weekend

Started by
-1 comments, last by dakota.potts 11 years, 2 months ago
I was a part of a program called Startup Weekend in Jacksonville, Florida. Basically, you come on Friday and pitch a product that Friday that gets voted on by the community present. The top 15 get to create a group, come up with a business plan, validate the market, and have 54 hours to come up with an entire business model and pitch it to judges.

This is a one minute speech I ended up doing that we were originally going to use as part of our 5 minute presentation. We didn't end up using it.

I figured I'd upload it here as a fun example as something I did with sound design that I hadn't anticipated. I showed up at the weekend with my microphones hoping that there was somebody I could do sound effects or music for and I was able to put this together for the group that I ended up with. Something about the rendering added a couple pops that weren't originally there, and a couple of the smaller ones were the result of me not using a pop filter with the compressor mic.

My only regret was that they all forced me to do it. I have a voice like a tuba with a sinus infection, but since I was 17 and they all thought I still had something of a "kid voice" they pushed it on me thinking it would win more empathy.

Anyways, here's the clip: https://soundcloud.com/dakota-potts/nerdular-audio-presentation

For those interested, we did win second in the competition and get to move on to pitching to investors at this point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement