• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yasmin_bd

Problem with compiling devil with Visual Studio 2010

This topic is 1998 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I am having the following errors while compiling devil with MS Visual Studio 2010 in my windows 7 machine.

In Linker->Additional dependencies , I put the following:DevIL.lib;ILU.lib; ILUT.lib;

I have added include and lib directories under VC++ directories.
 Then I put the dll files under System32 and SysWOW64 directories.
  I don't under what else can be the linking problem.
 Do I need to do anything else?

I downloaded the following from the website: DevIL-SDK-x64-1.7.8

/****************************************************************************************************************************/

Generating Code...

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol__imp__ilutGLLoadImage@4 referenced in function "void __cdeclInitTextures(void)" (?InitTextures@@YAXXZ)

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilutRenderer@4 referenced in function _main

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__iluInit@0 referenced in function _main

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilInit@0 referenced in function _main

1>C:\Users\MYG741\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Textures\Debug\Textures.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved
externals

1>Build FAILED.

1>1>Time Elapsed 00:00:01.26

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

/********************************************************************************************************************************************/

Advertisement

So you suggest me to download DevIL-SDK-x86-1.7.8.zip ?

The one already installed, I tried to compile using x64 platform, but It didn't compile either. Could you tell me why?

No idea; I've never compiled a program using it.  But that aside - if you're building a 32-bit program you should link to 32-bit libraries, and this is true even if the OS is 64-bt.

I downloaded the 32-bit libraries. The program compiles, but texture is not displayed. I don't know what an be the error. Please provide some suggestion.

i can't figure out any error, with download, two version of dll, lib come, one in unicode folder, i m not sure whether there is any relation with that.

I tried to figure out error using the following:

ILenum Error;

while ((Error = ilGetError()) != IL_NO_ERROR) {

printf("%d: %s/n", Error, iluErrorString(Error));

}

It prints as follows:

"1291: invalid extension/n1290: could not open file/n"

I placed the image file in right directory. What does the eror mean?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!