political undertone

Started by
1 comment, last by proanim 11 years, 2 months ago

I need opinion of someone else on this.

If I am to make a game with a war story in it, and I do mean 'war story' but avoid telling where game is happening, or who exactly is participating in the conflict, or giving any kind of political undertone; just giving some vague idea around this; Whould this be good approach to the story for a war game?

I am currently looking for a way to avoid any kind of political undertone in my game (or religious for that matter).

Advertisement

for a story not relating to (current) reality a sci-fi or fantasy setting usually works better(basically, you still have any political/religious(/moral?) things in the story but make them up yourself, if you want the story to still take place in current reality you can just make up a few coalitions that fight for this or that though.

Well I was looking to put the story in maybe 20 years in future or so, so I can have some plausible story, but I still don't want to step on anyones toes since you make enemies through politics. Making up fictional coalitions is not a bad idea (it was used many times) but then I may have a problem presenting a story in a way so the player can say something like 'ok, that seems reasonable'.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement