I found this really funny.

Started by
6 comments, last by Hodgman 11 years, 2 months ago

I was working on my code for a bit, and decided to take a little break. I came across this. I thought it was funny, just wanted to share it for the others who are about to bang their head on their keyboards from debugging etc smile.png

">
Advertisement

I was working on my code for a bit, and decided to take a little break. I came across this. I thought it was funny, just wanted to share it for the others who are about to bang their head on their keyboards from debugging etc smile.png

Ha, wow, definitely didn't see that coming.

FYI, things like this should be posted in The Lounge :)

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Didn't see that coming at all. Is this staged or is he genuine?

It's staged, right? He seems quite happy to give that answer!

I'm fairly sure he had a general idea of the questions in advance and was provided with a quip answer by his aides. On most occasions you don't risk going out and making an idiot of yourself when you're President.

What I find especially hilarious, though, is the public flaming over which sort really is the best one in the YT comments.

I don't think it looked staged, Obama is an educated man at probably heard some tech terms before, "bubble sort" might have been the first thing that popped into his mind when asked about computers and sorting, so he just said that knowing it would earn him witty points, even if he has no idea what bubble sort actually is.

Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

The bubble sort was one of the very first algorithms that I was taught in high-school computing classes, and was also taught that it's usually very inefficient compared to all the other more complicated sorting algorithms that you learn next... so it's feasible that any witty educated person (who's taken computing 101) should be able to ad lib that joke... but this is US politics, not real life laugh.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement