Finding good people to port an OpenGL engine?

Started by
2 comments, last by hplus0603 11 years, 2 months ago
I have an engine written in C++ for OpenGL ES that currently compiles for WebGL using clang and Emscripten. (Yeah, I know, crazy, right? :-)
Now, I'd like to compile it for/port it to iOS using Apple tools, but I have very little experience on iOS, and very little time available to actually do that.
This sounds like the kind of thing that could easily be outsourced for some amount of money, but I've tried oDesk and Freelancer, and the quality of the contractors I find there are ... not what I'd hope so far.
Does anyone have a good idea of where to find some solid help that can do this not-too-complicated task for a not-outrageous amount of money, and help accelerate this port?
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Advertisement

The three groups I know of --- who could certainly produce the quality you want --- also generally don't pick up jobs for less than six figures.

I'll float the post out to a few individuals I know of.

Hopefully a few forum regulars or lurkers will contact you.

Asked around over the weekend, none of my contacts have any bandwidth for a minor project. There is a LOT of money being thrown around for quality porters right now.

Asked around over the weekend, none of my contacts have any bandwidth for a minor project. There is a LOT of money being thrown around for quality porters right now.

That, in itself, is a good data point :-) I know some good contractors in the hundreds-of-dollars-per-hour range, too...
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement