"Just Stomp" a new dance song by me...

Started by
2 comments, last by MoritzPGKatz 11 years, 2 months ago

Hey, Yang here. It's been a while since I posted a new song. But I recently came up with an idea for a song when I was fooling around with Reaper. I would describe as a techno dance song.

Tell me what you think about it.

Advertisement

Hey, Yang here. It's been a while since I posted a new song. But I recently came up with an idea for a song when I was fooling around with Reaper. I would describe as a techno dance song.

This is borderline-breakbeat to me. Which is a good thing: much of the other dance music involves overusing the same "4x" rhythm. I also like how you're not trying to overdo compression like most other modern dance artists....

Python Blue - composer available for work

Official Website
Bandcamp

This is borderline-breakbeat to me. Which is a good thing: much of the other dance music involves overusing the same "4x" rhythm. I also like how you're not trying to overdo compression like most other modern dance artists....

Thanks for the comment man, I appreciate it.

Python Blue, on 02 Feb 2013 - 14:31, said:
This is borderline-breakbeat to me. Which is a good thing: much of the other dance music involves overusing the same "4x" rhythm.

To my ears, the track hasn't got much to do with breakbeat (though genre names are a debatable concept). It's rather straight-forward without the many cut-up beats and half-shuffled vinyl samples I associate with that kind of music. We may be talking about different things, 'breakbeat' makes me think of recording acts like The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers or Bassnectar.

Any way, in my ears YoungProdigy's track rather sounds much like late 80s / early 90s Europop - all the sound and arrangement choices point me towards production projects like Snap! or Technotronic.

If that's what you're going for, it's very much a matter of taste: you pretty much nailed it. ;)
If you're trying to go for a 'contemporary' sound, you should take a look at some higher quality samples and arrangement references.

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement