How to find ads for monetizing my app game

Started by
10 comments, last by Briiian Tsui 11 years, 1 month ago

Mind if I ask briefly about the Google rule violation, what's that about?

Well, I was banned from Google AdSense in this manner: http://www.truevalhalla.com/blog/banned-by-google-adsense-afterthoughts/

A very prominent HTML5 app developer I know (very legitimate, not shady at all) had his AdSense account closed a few weeks ago, costing him a lot of money. He used their ads completely within the bounds of Google's terms of use; he was making hundreds of dollars per month, and then had his account closed without warning, without discussion, without reason.

When it comes to AdSense and native apps, I don't know much about their practices, but if it's anything like the way they treat publishers on their desktop service you should think twice.

Wow thanks for the warning! That is terrible. I had higher expectations because I read this long ago:

http://www.insidesocialgames.com/2012/01/11/google-gets-another-timed-exclusive-with-plarium%E2%80%99s-pirates-tides-of-fortune/

"Working with Google+ was also hands-on according to Frankel, who praised the Google+ team for its support during the integration process. Frankel tells us that all games on Google+ are selectively screened, and new games are chosen for the social network after being reviewed by a Google+ team — which is what we’ve heard from other developers working with the platform team."

I thought they'd provide better support to devs in order to compete with Facebook. What a disappointment.

Advertisement

My advice would be to focus your plans on In-App Purchase. If you do it right you can improve both retention and monetization with a good in-game shopping experience.

See also these resources:

3 Reasons for Adding In-App Purchase by SOOMLA

Comparison for IAP vs. Ads by Flurry

My advice would be to focus your plans on In-App Purchase. If you do it right you can improve both retention and monetization with a good in-game shopping experience.

See also these resources:

3 Reasons for Adding In-App Purchase by SOOMLA

Comparison for IAP vs. Ads by Flurry

On that, would you think that sometimes social games today are going too far in their in app purchase?

In the sense of making the game pay-to-win, or just intentionally get players stalled somewhere down the road, to make them pay to progress.

Zynga lately announced about their up coming project, i think its a theme park ville somewhat, admitting that in the past they've been using that strategy to monetize their games, but are going to change this way of doing things, allowing free to play players to eventually gain access as much as paid players.

But that leads to a much deeper discussion of where to draw the line, which I am curious of you and everyone here's opinion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement