Mario Gameplay Analysis Video

Started by
16 comments, last by SweetyS 11 years, 2 months ago

Hello everyone, first post here.

I've been working on my spare time after work on making a Mario 1, 3 and World game play analysis video. In it I examine several gameplay elements and explain how they impact the user experience.

Comments, criticisms and feedback is welcome! =)

">

Thanks

Advertisement
We don't have enough of this stuff here.

This was great, thank you. Looking forward to more.

I'm kind of a Youtube-a-holic and my favorite things to watch are detailed analyses by designers. :) You might enjoy Errant Signal, Extra Credits, and some of Bunnyhop (specifically the Critical Close-ups).

Ahhh! ... Game Design Analysis at its finest!

Thank you!

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Well, this has the best explanation as to why the Hammer Brothers piss us off. Well done!

New game in progress: Project SeedWorld

My development blog: Electronic Meteor

I've subscribed hoping that you do more of these. smile.png

Thank you, please do more :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I must say i'm quite overwhelmed by the positive responses =)

I wasn't thinking of doing a new video so soon, but I guess you guys are convincing me otherwise. I'll start seeing what I can do.

Thanks again!

Doesn't have to be in video form. I just posted something similar about analyzing beat em up games. We need more of that kind of stuff here in general, and less programming talk.

So many people here think game design is just about rendering something and making it respond to input. The art and design gets completely ignored most of the time. This place needs a culture shift.

We need more of that kind of stuff here in general, and less programming talk.

No, we more "programming talk", not less, on the design board; i.e. it's important to keep the implementation step(s) in mind and to get a working prototype asap (both of which require programming). (This very discussion already took place elsewhere, so I don't mean to revisit it here; just to remind about it. :) )

The real value behind analyses like those cited is that they show us all things to look for in games and thus fresh ideas on what to include in our own games. Extra Credits has a good pair of videos that talk about playing a game like a designer, i.e. what to look for and why. Parts

">1 and
">2. Watching/reading other people's analyses serve a similar role in helping you see things (both in the game in question and general types of things) you may have missed on your own.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement