and again... New Wanna-Be-Gamemaker Dude.

Started by
15 comments, last by CC Ricers 11 years, 2 months ago

ok,cool,i searched through web again (its quite a good place to look for information ya know xD)
and now i'm understanding what i want to do is quite hard.
i mean the system of developing a game is quite hard,even if its some-indie-casual-one time use game.(here i don't mean games created with Game Make,Construct etc...)
so,please let me know if i'm wrong.
to make a game,i need:
1.get game idea,choose art style,overal design of game,mechanics,etc. = non-technical part which is the most interesting for me i suppose.
2.decide how the game will be made.i chose the hard way,meaning programming,doing all by yourself,and not using different additional programs,like GM and others.
3.here comes the pre-hardest part
depending on game,which isn't my concern at moment,i need some kind of language as well as engine + some other additional progs if needed.
along with overall look of game,these will also give a game a 'face'.
now i searched and i'm probably going to use C#,for which i'm already looking.
first of all,which IDE would be best or at least good for this language?
is it good to use all-around IDE with some specific,C#-oriented compiler for it ?
also is there ANYTHING i'll have to pay for ? i mean if i carry on using this language,will there be any kind of payments needed if f.e. my game is going to be sold,or some PRO versions need to be bought and stuff like that...

Advertisement

As I said you may freely use Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express Edition as well as you might like to try Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012. I'm not sure about licensing, but I'm quite sure you don't have to pay anything for XNA framework as well if you are developing for Windows.

That will do for programming, but keep in mind you'll need somebody to make 2d and 3d art as well as most probably some audio for you and I doubt anybody with skills would like to work for free in commercial project (it's hard enough to find good developers who can afford to spend time for open source projects).

ok,cool,i downloaded express edition already looking for tutorials.
btw,i know that but i'm studying architecture at university where we also learn some 3d graphic pograms like archicad,some 3ds max,maya,etc...
as well as just how to draw,paint and so on...
audio shouldn't be that hard,i think that's not the thing i should be concerned and concentrated about right now.

">

About three nights ago, my socks were blown off by a language called processing: http://processing.org/

I learned what I needed to know to render 3D shapes and do camera motion in about in hour. That said I have been programming for a few years, and I like to say that I know what I was doing. I don't think this would be a bad language for anyone to start learning with, although I don't expect it to be the tool for creating the next great MMORPG, it is certainly a great learning experience.

I don't want to throw another choice at you, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

thnx for video ;)

minibutmany maybe i'll check that out as well ;)

thnx for responces btw ;)

About three nights ago, my socks were blown off by a language called processing: http://processing.org/

I learned what I needed to know to render 3D shapes and do camera motion in about in hour. That said I have been programming for a few years, and I like to say that I know what I was doing. I don't think this would be a bad language for anyone to start learning with, although I don't expect it to be the tool for creating the next great MMORPG, it is certainly a great learning experience.

I don't want to throw another choice at you, but I thought it was pretty cool.

It's nice to see someone else here knowing about this language. I was taught this language in an art class, for interactive media displays. I seldom use it now, but it's a great way to quickly prototype ideas and somewhat forgiving it its interpretation. A nice bonus is that you can export your source to Java (.jar) applets that can run on the web! It's a good way to prove concepts and ideas to other people.

New game in progress: Project SeedWorld

My development blog: Electronic Meteor

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement