XNA 4.0 Tutorial: Mario Clone

Started by
13 comments, last by Scott Haley 11 years ago

Hi All!

I am currently working on a XNA 4.0 tutorial and I thought this would be a good place to share it.

I am going to walk you through the process of creating a 2D game (mostly) from scratch.

I have only finished one episode so far, the more attention it gets the faster the videos will get made. wink.png

If you have any questions or comments let me know either on here or in the youtube video comment section!

And here is the first episode:

">
Advertisement

So, I have two responses to this.

First off, I don't think this is the right place to post this (expect a mod will move it shortly).

Secondly, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but MS is moving to drop XNA support.

Total Biscuit talking about it:

">

sad.png

Source article: http://www.shacknews.com/article/77672/microsoft-xna-to-be-retired-casting-doubt-on-xbox-live

It's hardly imminent, but something to keep in mind. Otherwise, I applaud your efforts and impetus.

Hmm.. that sucks.

Well, nevertheless, I think I will continue my tutorial series. I think there are still people wanting to learn XNA and it should help with game design in general, not just XNA.

As I am actually new to this site (friend told me to post this here), where would be a good place to post this kind of thing?

Hmm.. that sucks.

Well, nevertheless, I think I will continue my tutorial series. I think there are still people wanting to learn XNA and it should help with game design in general, not just XNA.

As I am actually new to this site (friend told me to post this here), where would be a good place to post this kind of thing?

I think the best place would have been the For Beginners forum.

I mean, I'm not a mod, but were I to guess, For Beginners (assuming its an entry-level tutorial series), General Programming or the XNA/library specific sub forum (as this particular forum "Game Design" is about specifically that, where XNA is a tool to build games and not design them), or possibly Announcements. Definitely any of those three are more appropriate than this one. :)

I may be mistaken, but that is my understanding.

Thanks guys!

I'll move it there then!

I would PM a mod and/or edit your lead post in here to explain what you're doing. They frown on "cross posting". They're pretty busy so at-a-glance they may infer that's what you're doing.

We don't specifically have a tutorials forum. "Your Announcements" seems like a reasonable fit.

Thread moved.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

All XNA developers will be moving to Monogame in the future.

Hi All!

I am currently working on a XNA 4.0 tutorial and I thought this would be a good place to share it.

I am going to walk you through the process of creating a 2D game (mostly) from scratch.

I have only finished one episode so far, the more attention it gets the faster the videos will get made. wink.png

If you have any questions or comments let me know either on here or in the youtube video comment section!

And here is the first episode:

">

Hey man, have you made any more tutorials?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement