• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

My GDD

This topic is 1899 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For the last 6+ months now I've been working on a survival horror video game. I wrote the story from scratch, which is a 21 page reading. It's a 3rd person Survival Horror video game Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis etc.

I've attached my GDD.

I mailed it to myself and got it today so that's why I am posting it. Not saying my idea is best, but people will steal when they can.

I open to disscussion

even if it includes, thats cheesy, corny etc

If you have no interest on game design dont tell me how to write my GDD's

I got the staple idea for the Technical part from GTA's GDD

Activision likes the idea. Well Activision likes Money.... So I told them I'd make a game that would compete with Dead Space (EA) and Resident Evil (CapCom) even though both of those games today are a mockery to the genre of survival horror

Advertisement
Thank you guys. For the first post. That was a simple typo. I really haven't had time to go over it.

Second post, yeah I figured the use of so many weapons would take away the survival feel I'll limit it to a hand gun and sniper. As for the rape, its not just rape randomly. She is being searched by West for a locket. I do remember the TR situation. I'm going to work on a better back story and grammar errors should be ready to look again by tomorrow. I got so focused on horror I forgot the meaning of survival.

Thade and Milcho covered most of the things I would have brought up. But a solid re-read is highly recommended; grammer/spelling errors abound.

I did however want to reiterate on the rape point. This is not a subject to be taken lightly. While I understand its importance to your plot (jenna becoming pregnant by West's (who I assume is "Scott") baby) it is still just a bad idea. 

Just one other point I should make real fast: Do NOT put your personal email on anything that sells more than 5 copies. Putting your personal email even on a support website is not only unprofessional but something I really just cannot recommend (mostly for your sanity's sake).

Edited by Aeramor

I mailed it to myself and got it today so that's why I am posting it. Not saying my idea is best, but people will steal when they can.

Just so you know, this means nothing. Mailing something to yourself does not prove anything, it's kind of a "legal urban myth" to believe it does.

I'll rewrite the rape scene. Try not to make it known to the player. But I cant scrap it. The baby plays a keyrole at the end. I
the thing is though for the assault is she has been delaying all his plans. Not to mention she is chained up. I can upload the story if you want

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement