Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RealityFails

My GDD

34 posts in this topic

For the last 6+ months now I've been working on a survival horror video game. I wrote the story from scratch, which is a 21 page reading. It's a 3rd person Survival Horror video game Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis etc.

I've attached my GDD.

I mailed it to myself and got it today so that's why I am posting it. Not saying my idea is best, but people will steal when they can.

I open to disscussion

even if it includes, thats cheesy, corny etc

If you have no interest on game design dont tell me how to write my GDD's

I got the staple idea for the Technical part from GTA's GDD

Activision likes the idea. Well Activision likes Money.... So I told them I'd make a game that would compete with Dead Space (EA) and Resident Evil (CapCom) even though both of those games today are a mockery to the genre of survival horror

Thank you guys. For the first post. That was a simple typo. I really haven't had time to go over it.

Second post, yeah I figured the use of so many weapons would take away the survival feel I'll limit it to a hand gun and sniper. As for the rape, its not just rape randomly. She is being searched by West for a locket. I do remember the TR situation. I'm going to work on a better back story and grammar errors should be ready to look again by tomorrow. I got so focused on horror I forgot the meaning of survival.

I'll rewrite the rape scene. Try not to make it known to the player. But I cant scrap it. The baby plays a keyrole at the end. I
the thing is though for the assault is she has been delaying all his plans. Not to mention she is chained up. I can upload the story if you want

I mailed it to myself and got it today so that's why I am posting it. Not saying my idea is best, but people will steal when they can.

Just so you know, this means nothing. Mailing something to yourself does not prove anything, it's kind of a "legal urban myth" to believe it does.
it will work as a legal stabding. S. King did it. So will i

I'll rewrite the rape scene. Try not to make it known to the player. But I cant scrap it. The baby plays a keyrole at the end. I
the thing is though for the assault is she has been delaying all his plans. Not to mention she is chained up. I can upload the story if you want

That's really still falling into the same trap. I strongly recommend you research the topic far more thoroughly and/or drop it altogether. Start by reading that Tomb Raider article linked above. Notice how much heat that AAA game - backed by a big publisher - is taking for doing the same thing in their game. And they're not even touching pregnancy, which is its own extremely serious issue in sci fi/fantasy fiction (which is often handled incorrectly). To be perfectly frank, the only reason the Tomb Raider team got that atrocity through the publisher is that they're an established team with an established IP.

It really swings far, far afield from your hook: a down-and-out mom trying to reunite with her kids in the middle of a zombie apocalypse has a lot of potential for deep character development and exploration: it has a lot of potential as a plot point in its own right.

Just so you know, this means nothing. Mailing something to yourself does not prove anything, it's kind of a "legal urban myth" to believe it does.
it will work as a legal stabding. S. King did it. So will i

It doesn't work. Go and google "does mailing yourself something copyright" and see the landslide of explanations as to why it doesn't work. sad.png

Also, your fears are unfounded. Read this Lost Garden article to assuage your fears. smile.png

The game looks really good but I would never write a 21 page story... Usually to come up with games I make a simple prototype that is fun and playable. Have you started doing anything else except the story? You seem to have went into a lot of detail for a game that doesn't exist yet.

- Jirachex

The game looks really good but I would never write a 21 page story... Usually to come up with games I make a simple prototype that is fun and playable. Have you started doing anything else except the story? You seem to have went into a lot of detail for a game that doesn't exist yet.

- Jirachex

yeah i started working on the engine with a programmer and and a level designer as well as an artist.

I uploaded the story. Not saying I disagree with any of your views as they are all very helpful. But you seem to think I don't have a reason for why that is in the game.

So i uploaded the story in the first post....

I uploaded the story. Not saying I disagree with any of your views as they are all very helpful. But you seem to think I don't have a reason for why that is in the game.

So i uploaded the story in the first post....

I don't know if it's just Word 2013 screwing it up but you should really look into paragraphs. Everything is just a single line of text.

Certainly better, but if his goal is the locket and she's wearing it, he doesn't have to check her over anything upon see it around her neck. :) Then (because he didn't frisk her) she can produce a hidden weapon with which to secure her escape.