People keep PMing me thinking I'm a moderator... help?

Started by
50 comments, last by Mussi 11 years, 2 months ago
IModerators are an interface for Moderators .. wait a second..

I think we can all agree that clearing up confusion is the most important thing. I also considered "Moderators" as his group name except in a different color then red, because everyone knows that moderators have red tags. "!Moderator" as a group name isn't going to work.

Therefore I am changing it to "Moderator*" and have added a special note at the bottom of every page denoting that the asterisk means not a moderator.
Advertisement

I think we can all agree that clearing up confusion is the most important thing. I also considered "Moderators" as his group name except in a different color then red, because everyone knows that moderators have red tags. "!Moderator" as a group name isn't going to work.

Therefore I am changing it to "Moderator*" and have added a special note at the bottom of every page denoting that the asterisk means not a moderator.

But then what difference is there between not a moderator and normal users? Clearly every other member should be part of this group too, for consistency. tongue.png moderators everywhere!

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Holy crap you guys I can't stop laughing hahahaha

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

But then what difference is there between not a moderator and normal users? Clearly every other member should be part of this group too, for consistency. tongue.png moderators everywhere!

Only the top 10 moderator-status members are part of the Moderator* group. They're the Black-Ops division of the Moderator group proper. The rest of us are just regular.

Anyway, congratulations Cornstalks on the promotion!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Moderator* is not camouflage for stealth moderators.. I mean.. come on.. that would be silly. *cough*

Also Cornstalks.. on an unrelated note we're going to be redirecting support@gamedev.net to your personal email address. It's like sipping from a firehose! Thanks man, you're the best at not being a moderator. *wink*

Thanks! I feel particularly honored that a special footer was placed on the entire website just for me!

Also Cornstalks.. on an unrelated note we're going to be redirecting support@gamedev.net to your personal email address. It's like sipping from a firehose! Thanks man, you're the best at not being a moderator. *wink*

I'd be more than happy to have you redirect that to my email address! I used my junk email address to register for this site (like I do with 99% of sites), and hence I never check it. So yes, please!

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

I used my junk email address to register for this site (like I do with 99% of sites), and hence I never check it.

I'm pretty sure that about 99% of the email to support@gamedev.net is junk, so that sounds like a good fit.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

[quote name='Alpha_ProgDes']
Also Cornstalks.. on an unrelated note we're going to be redirecting support@gamedev.net to your personal email address. It's like sipping from a firehose! Thanks man, you're the best at not being a moderator. *wink*[/quote]

I'd be more than happy to have you redirect that to my email address! I used my junk email address to register for this site (like I do with 99% of sites), and hence I never check it. So yes, please!

I was convinced you used your newfound Seal Team Six powers to edit my post. Hmmmmm....

I was convinced you used your newfound Seal Team Six powers to edit my post. Hmmmmm....

">What you talkin about, Willis?ph34r.png

The only powers I have are quote-fail powers...

The Children of the Corn strike again! (shakesfist)

[spoiler]I got to play a little Pac Man just a minute ago[/spoiler]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement