• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

People keep PMing me thinking I'm a moderator... help?

This topic is 1797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

It is the red text in your avatar. In the corner of the eyes it is an indication that you are a moderator.

i have to agree with this, when scrolling through responses, the red stands out just enough, that sometimes i mistake corn for a mod.

edit: tbh, your entire avatar kindof screams mod to me, i can't really explain why.

Dang. I got it from this gif (after almost using something from this gif). Anyway, how's my avatar now?

yep, can't see myself mistaking you for a mod anymore=-)

On a similar topic to this, we occasionally get people who click on the "Report" button, and fill out the "Report this post to a moderator" box with a regular reply to a thread, thinking that they've hit a "Reply" button...

Anyway, how's my avatar now?

Don't you feel the "Mod!" part of your avatar should be... centered? It makes me uncomfortable left-aligned and all unsure.png

Anyway, how's my avatar now?

Don't you feel the "Mod!" part of your avatar should be... centered? It makes me uncomfortable left-aligned and all unsure.png

Blame a (real) mod smile.png . I changed my avatar to be:
[attachment=13527:nomod.png]

After which, I was (quickly) "moderated" (does this mean the moderator should get moderator points?) and given the avatar:
[attachment=13528:100mod.png]

I've changed it back... we'll see how long I can keep it ha

On a similar topic to this, we occasionally get people who click on the "Report" button, and fill out the "Report this post to a moderator" box with a regular reply to a thread, thinking that they've hit a "Reply" button...

Maybe the "Report" button should be changed to say "Report to a moderator"?

Edited by Cornstalks

Blame a (real) mod . I changed my avatar to be:

After which, I was (quickly) "moderated" (does this mean the moderator should get moderator points?) and given the avatar:

I strongly resist this Avatar!. My moderation skills are purely thuggish developed from 20 years in prison. Not at all suitable to this care bear forum!

meh: at failure of quote to copy picture

Edit: Mind you Cornstalks you would have been better off directing people to PM Tom....He loves PM's :)

Edited by Stormynature

As much fun as we had in this thread, I'm not going to change my avatar image until the Top Members -> Moderator section is... not misleading.

@Stormynature: ha, forgot about Tom's love of PMs.

Edited by Cornstalks

IModerators are an interface for Moderators .. wait a second..

I think we can all agree that clearing up confusion is the most important thing. I also considered "Moderators" as his group name except in a different color then red, because everyone knows that moderators have red tags. "!Moderator" as a group name isn't going to work.

Therefore I am changing it to "Moderator*" and have added a special note at the bottom of every page denoting that the asterisk means not a moderator.

I think we can all agree that clearing up confusion is the most important thing. I also considered "Moderators" as his group name except in a different color then red, because everyone knows that moderators have red tags. "!Moderator" as a group name isn't going to work.

Therefore I am changing it to "Moderator*" and have added a special note at the bottom of every page denoting that the asterisk means not a moderator.

But then what difference is there between not a moderator and normal users? Clearly every other member should be part of this group too, for consistency. tongue.png moderators everywhere!

But then what difference is there between not a moderator and normal users? Clearly every other member should be part of this group too, for consistency. tongue.png moderators everywhere!

Only the top 10 moderator-status members are part of the Moderator* group. They're the Black-Ops division of the Moderator group proper. The rest of us are just regular.

Anyway, congratulations Cornstalks on the promotion!

Moderator* is not camouflage for stealth moderators.. I mean.. come on.. that would be silly. *cough*

Also Cornstalks.. on an unrelated note we're going to be redirecting support@gamedev.net to your personal email address. It's like sipping from a firehose! Thanks man, you're the best at not being a moderator. *wink*

Thanks! I feel particularly honored that a special footer was placed on the entire website just for me!

Also Cornstalks.. on an unrelated note we're going to be redirecting support@gamedev.net to your personal email address. It's like sipping from a firehose! Thanks man, you're the best at not being a moderator. *wink*

I'd be more than happy to have you redirect that to my email address! I used my junk email address to register for this site (like I do with 99% of sites), and hence I never check it. So yes, please!

Edited by Cornstalks

[quote name='Alpha_ProgDes']
Also Cornstalks.. on an unrelated note we're going to be redirecting support@gamedev.net to your personal email address. It's like sipping from a firehose! Thanks man, you're the best at not being a moderator. *wink*[/quote]

I'd be more than happy to have you redirect that to my email address! I used my junk email address to register for this site (like I do with 99% of sites), and hence I never check it. So yes, please!

I was convinced you used your newfound Seal Team Six powers to edit my post. Hmmmmm....

I was convinced you used your newfound Seal Team Six powers to edit my post. Hmmmmm....

">What you talkin about, Willis?ph34r.png

The only powers I have are quote-fail powers...

Edited by Cornstalks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement