Sign in to follow this  

Assertion failed on exit with "shared" func

This topic is 1806 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey,

I have a "shared class" and I need to use a function outside the class. The compiler warns me that I must use "shared" for the function too. I believe this is correct?

However when these functions are "shared" it seems something isn't freed properly because I get this assert on angelscript release:

GC cannot free an object of type '_builtin_function_', it is kept alive by the application

Assertion failed: func->returnType.GetObjectType() != type, file ..\..\source\as_configgroup.cpp, line 191

What am I doing wrong?

The assert happens because for some reason an object type is being removed while there is still a function that returns that type.

It's quite possible that you're not doing anything wrong, instead the bug may be within AngelScript.

However, I need more information to investigate this. 

Just having a shared class calling shared global functions is not causing this, so you have something more than that. Would it be possible for you to create a small test case that reproduces the problem?

This topic is 1806 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.