Domain/Company name has only 1 letter difference

Started by
3 comments, last by Aliii 11 years, 2 months ago

Ive chosen a name for my possible future company, .....Ive registered the domain name. Now I see that there is another company whose name is only one letter different than mine. And they are a gamedev company too. I guess I cant go with the name Ive chosen as a company but should I register a new domain too?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Why would you keep that domain name? Can you afford to fight a lawsuit against things like trademark violation, trademark dilution, unfair practices, and so on? And what will you do if you lose?

Picking a unique name is the best idea.

Why would you keep that domain name? Can you afford to fight a lawsuit against things like trademark violation, trademark dilution, unfair practices, and so on? And what will you do if you lose?

Picking a unique name is the best idea.

....you are right. Thanks!

Ive chosen a name for my possible future company, .....Ive registered the domain name. Now I see that there is another company whose name is only one letter different than mine. And they are a gamedev company too. I guess I cant go with the name Ive chosen as a company but should I register a new domain too?

Thanks!

You can do it cause you don't want your users to go to the other company.

Other then that you don't have to do it.

Coupon Site Script - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

Thanks!

You can do it cause you don't want your users to go to the other company.

Other then that you don't have to do it.

I dont think so. I did a bit of research and Ive found lawsuits that were about the exact same thing. ....in some cases the name was quite different but it sounded the same.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement