Innovative RTS game concept!

Started by
4 comments, last by Dan Violet Sagmiller 11 years, 2 months ago

Have a VERY rough RTS game concept written up. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice/ideas/criticism. Thank you for your time!

SEE ATTACHED FILE

Advertisement
The first check: can the rough game prototype be made using this concept? If not, then it is a junk and should be thrown away without any back thought.

Compare:

The game will feature four garrisons set in a hor. line with each defender in the garrison. With each garrison a ver. line is associated, where monsters travel to a garrison. Each defender has a unique attack pattern on the line with different damage type done on different distances from his garrison. Each monster has an armor which deflects certain damage type. If defender attacks monster without deflection, monster is killed. If defender attacks the line and monster or monsters deflect his attack, he is harmed instead. If monster reaches garrison, game over. Player has 2 actions: swap 2 defenders, or order any 2 defenders to attack. Monsters spawn on the line and move forward between turns

And

The game will feature 3 races with unique abilities, the graphics will be cartoonish and dark. It will feature extensive upgrade system. The setting is based in year 2067, where humanity had survived nuclear winter. Player will have to pay attention to the screen, because it will determine life or death. Action will be fast-paced. Deploying and moving units will involve great strategical thinking as well ability to micro-control. After the battle player will get XP to level-up his character, which he can then deploy to assist his units.

i kinda see your point... i'll admit the description is a little childish and broad. But i was typing as i was thinking and just wanted to convey the general image of the game. thank you for the response :)

Hmm.. Have you ever tried any Mod work? Like alot of RTS come with a "World Editor". Your Idea sounds easy enough to prototype with a simple editor like the one offered in WarCraft 3.

Hmm.. Have you ever tried any Mod work? Like alot of RTS come with a "World Editor". Your Idea sounds easy enough to prototype with a simple editor like the one offered in WarCraft 3.

interesting idea... no ive never done any mods and wouldnt know where to start lol. but i never thought of that it probably would be pretty east to prototype that way.. thanks for the idea!

I get that it is a rough idea, but I don't feel like it really solidified the concept. It felt like this was made up as it went to a certain amount, and not based off of organizing prior thoughts.

The main objective each round is to destroy the opposing players HQ using a combination of your army and the Titans raised from the elements.

This was the first sentence of your last paragraph. It helps to clarify a lot, but it wasn't said at the top Typically the first few paragraphs should help to express the rest of the core concepts that will be discussed. It will help the reader maintain a sense of continuity and absorb more.

Moltar - "Do you even know how to use that?"

Space Ghost - “Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple yes or no answer."

Dan - "Best Description of AI ever."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement