• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
superwave

OpenGL Get errors about redefinition (OpenGL 4.0 Shading Language Cookbook)

This topic is 2078 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just tested the code in chapter 1 (OpenGL 4.0 Shading Language Cookbook)

I have installed Qt5, qmake -tp vc chapter01.pro then open it in vs2010.

Built and got many errors like:

1>D:\APP\Qt5\5.0.0\msvc2010\include\GLES2/gl2.h(38): error C2371: 'GLintptr' : redefinition; different basic types
1>          D:\OpenGL\glew-1.5.4\include\GL/glew.h(1615) : see declaration of 'GLintptr'
1>D:\APP\Qt5\5.0.0\msvc2010\include\GLES2/gl2.h(39): error C2371: 'GLsizeiptr' : redefinition; different basic types
1>          D:\OpenGL\glew-1.5.4\include\GL/glew.h(1614) : see declaration of 'GLsizeiptr'
1>D:\APP\Qt5\5.0.0\msvc2010\include\GLES2/gl2.h(96): warning C4005: 'GL_BLEND_EQUATION_RGB' : macro redefinition
1>          D:\OpenGL\glew-1.5.4\include\GL/glew.h(1666) : see previous definition of 'GL_BLEND_EQUATION_RGB'
1>D:\APP\Qt5\5.0.0\msvc2010\include\GLES2/gl2.h(474): error C2365: '__glewActiveTexture' : redefinition; previous definition was 'data variable'
1>          D:\OpenGL\glew-1.5.4\include\GL/glew.h(12027) : see declaration of '__glewActiveTexture'
1>D:\APP\Qt5\5.0.0\msvc2010\include\GLES2/gl2.h(475): error C2365: '__glewAttachShader' : redefinition; previous definition was 'data variable'

First, I didn't explicitly include gl2.h in this project. Second, I commented out all OpenGL headers and these errors still exist.

How to solve these problems? I have attached the chapter01 code in this post.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
GLEW defines all OpenGL stuff - and you include GLES (OpenGL and OpenGL ES ARE DIFFERENT THINGS!) which expectedly tries to redefine a lot of similarly named stuff. What do you actually want? OpenGL or OpenGL ES?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!