Game Programming Gems?

Started by
1 comment, last by HonestDuane 11 years, 2 months ago

I was looking through the sites book listing and I noticed something I found odd and so I thought it best to ask about it. It seems "game programming" related, but if this is the wrong place to ask, please let me know.

Looking at the entire books list, if I do a search for "Game Programming Gems" I only get books 2-6, meaning for some odd reason the first book is not in the list. May I ask why?

Is there something about that book - the first one - that makes it special or otherwise obsolete? I'm mostly asking because I already own books 2-6 already, but have the first one on special order and am waiting for it to get here..

Advertisement
It comes up fine for me. Maybe your search history is confusing Google?

Most of the series, including book one, were released online for free by the publisher. The authors very generously made it available once the print editions stopped making business sense. A few seconds on Google found it online trivially.

It comes up fine for me. Maybe your search history is confusing Google?

Most of the series, including book one, were released online for free by the publisher. The authors very generously made it available once the print editions stopped making business sense. A few seconds on Google found it online trivially.

You misunderstand me.

I can find it the books/site easy enough in google; But on the book listing kept here on this domain (gamedev.net) the book listing does not contain as of this writing (and I just double checked) the listing for very first game programming gems book in its list of recommended books; Yet #2 through #6 are included.

I am asking why this is, and I am wondering if there is something special about the book that makes it something not to recommend,, or if there was simply an oversight.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement