SSE- Server Side Emulation, What Comes After This Step?

Started by
2 comments, last by hplus0603 11 years, 2 months ago

Hello everyone, I have been into Gaming since lot of time! More like over 10 years now, and I have taken everything from Sega Genesis to PS3, Excluding Mobile Game systems like N-Gage, I never liked those type because it simply wasn't my type of gaming =D... But skipping my story.

I started playing this game called Godswar and I found it pretty good and entertained, I have been playing for around 3-4 Years now since I was in Highschool, as I was in Highschool I started to work in a project, which would include making a Private Server out of the current Godswar Game, of course I would only start doing the Emulation part of it, and after I got all that stuff done I would move on making the actual private server...

But as soon as I finished highschool I went to University and started taking Computer Science Bachelor.. I sank myself in all those topics and really made a big deal out of it, So I got back to my original project with more energy and enthusiasm, so I got back to it, and started working on it.. practically all by myself I only could got up to the part of making the actual packet sniffer and sniff packets in-game, and help from another guy who had another packet sniffer... I got his packet sniffer first then I made mines but his has the game encryption decrypted, and mines does not has it (YET).

NOTE: Primary languages used are C++ (The another guy packet sniffer was written in VB6...)

So I came here asking for people who knew more.. On what would be the next step to accomplish? well.. I mean I got the packet sniffer already... I got the encryption/decryption functions done.. now I know how the system should work... but... What comes next?

What I think of is making the functions on based packets received... I mean when I receive packets.. write those packets into a handmade server.. to when my server receives those packets it handles the next one which comes next... or... I dont.. know... At this point i'm blank...

Advertisement
I suggest building the thing you want one small step at a time.
Make a big list of all the things you want it to do.
Then, pick one thing on that list. Does your system do that yet? If not, implement that.
Repeat!
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

So first thing I would like to implement is to actually fork the login server connection, so I have to make when the server asks for authorization the same as I receive the packet from original server? so far I can only test this settings with a homemade local database system using a simple text file and selecting to read data as usernames and logins from it

so far I can only test this settings with a homemade local database system using a simple text file and selecting to read data as usernames and logins from it

That's fine for development. You can even keep it in RAM and read in the file on start-up, and write it out everytime it changes. Mock up the parts that aren't important for the next step along the chain, and implement one thing at a time. Write good tests each step along the way, to let you know when you break some previous step.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement