New Promo Video - Art Assets in action - [Unity 3D]

Started by
3 comments, last by nikuskwas 11 years, 2 months ago
Hello game developers!
I thought about stoping by and showing our latest assets in action. Although it is Unity optimised, all of these assets are exported as FBX and should be easily imported into any 3D engine out there. We are working on getting our website store ready so you guys don't have to go through Unity itself in order to get these goodies!

Please have a look at our video:
[video=youtube;iIh61oRxsAU]
">
[/video]
These are the assets that make up this video:
Hope you enjoyed it!
Mr.Cat
CatOnTheRoof
Unity Asset Store
Website
Advertisement

these modular packs are SOOO useful, excellent work.

Very nice. I like the art direction you chose for this collection.

I like the art style in the video and think its an interesting choice to have actually modeled the light shafts into the tree models.

I know in UDK, volume lighting and light shafts are better handled in the engine itself for a more dynamic look, so I think it's a rather cool work around to get the desired look in Unity.

Also, the models look fairly low-poly, but in a good way. Whats the average poly count for say one of those trees?

I only really ask because a lot of polys can be used up in having those planes for leaf clusters and could be replaced with larger planes layers on top of each other, thus creating the look of depth.

But yeah, I think it looks pretty dang spiffy! biggrin.png

Check out my game blog - Dave's Game Blog

Thank you guys!

@DaveTroyer:

Actually, the godrays were made specifically for this demo reel. But yes, it's a nice and cheap way of doing VFX withouth blowing the engine or memory.

The trees are about 500 tris, with LOD for far away shots. The models are actually intended for RTS or side scroller games where the camera is somewhat farther away. But, eventually, you can also see how good it looks with an FPS game ;-)

I hope to see you guys around at our store!

Regards,

Mr.Cat

CatOnTheRoof
Unity Asset Store
Website

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement