Sign in to follow this  

DirectX + MFC source?

This topic is 1800 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So,I'm planning to create a 2d level editor,and obviously the easiest way would be with mfc.I studied win32 and mfc,but I don't really remember anything about mfc.

Does anyone know where I could find a project that integrates mfc and directx? a 2008+ project would be best

If you're really sure about using MFC, which is by far the worst solution you could go for, setting up Direct3D for it is simple: create a local frame, retrieve its window handle, and use this to create the device context.

That said, I strongly suggest using a different technology. First, check if the existing tile editors fulfill your needs. Tiled comes to mind, try it. If that doesn't suffice, use a suitable GUI toolkit. I built my editors with Qt, V4.x.x is stable, useful and very comfortable.

You can check out the MFCwithD3D11 sample from Hieroglyph 3, which shows how to use multiple viewing panes for your MFC application.  This uses VS2012 project files, but if you go back a couple months in the SVN commit history you can find VS2010 project files too.

I hope that helps!

Sign in to follow this