Super Kart Racing for iOS and Android

Started by
32 comments, last by fatboxsoftware 10 years, 11 months ago

@Ravyne - Well thank you, it's appreciated. I'm excited to show off this UI working on an Android device soon.

Advertisement
Finally have this track taken from 2d concept to full 3d environment. Proud to finally show off the first outdoor track for SKR (Glen Meadows). This is still a WIP, but very near to completion. Next up - to be placed into Unity and lighting baked in.
Glen_Meadows_WIP.png
I've been pretty busy on this one. Here is a finished 2d track concept based on the real world location Rock Island, IL. This is basically the drawing I will use to model the track and place major landmarks.
Devil_Hills_Concept.png
This is what it looks like in real life to drive around this location.
Remember, every reward tier (even the $5) gets a full version of the game for PC and or Mac.
KickstarterEmblem.png
Time lapse video of me setting up blueprints to model another racing kart. I will be doing an entire series of these all through the modeling, animation, rigging and texturing process. Basically up until it gets into Unity and is implemented in game.
[video=youtube;k7P5MAsiJcI]
[/video]
Completed the layouts for a new outdoor track called "Taybor's Field". This is going to be one challenging track and should be pretty fun to race.
TayborsFieldLayouts.png
For the cost of a meal at Taco Bell you can help a lone wolf developer make his dream game.

Backed. I meant to contribute on your indiegogo campaign but got sloppy and missed the deadline. Just curious: ever thought about a level with some combat -- chains (like Road Rash), maybe some countermeasures like oil slick, tire shredders. even a shoulder mounted rpg or flamethrower.

The Four Horsemen of Happiness have left.

@jms - I saw your pledge! Thank you for joining in on this project. I am in the idea phase of oil on the track, obstacles, destructibles, physics objects that have to be avoided or destroyed. It's a realistic type racer, but I think I can blend in some fun factor elements without going completely "mario kart". There is a good reason Mario Kart is one of the most popular games of all time though :)

Thanks to a lot of folks out there the project is almost 10% funded so far....still has 20 days to go as well. I could definitely use some help in sharing this link anywhere you could, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, anywhere you think it might be welcome and help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement