publish game and usa law

Started by
2 comments, last by Hodgman 11 years, 2 months ago

ofter six month hard work final completed my game and now we went to publish it but.

we use cocos2d-x that is cross platform and now we test game in android,ios,and ubuntu and black berry smile.png

but when we want to publish it in store like google play or app store or black berry store we seee that persian(iranian ) developer can not publish our game on any store and just get this answer

"

Unfortunately due to U.S. law, we are not legally permitted to do business with users or developers in Iran. So you will not be able to submit and sell your applications on our market.

"

ooh how mach freedom smile.png

have you any why for we to publish my game?

Advertisement

I only see two options, either make business with platforms not residing in the USA (don't know if other countries have similar restrictions) or move into a country from which you can do business with USA residing companies.

we want to publish it in store ... we see that persian(iranian ) developer can not publish our game on any store ... ooh how much freedom ... have you any why for we to publish my game?

The trade embargoes are not just from the United States. The also include the EU, UK, Australia, and most other nations of the world.

The country of Iran is under embargo by the United Nations Security Council. Details of the embargoes are available on Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctions_against_Iran

This is almost entirely because of your nation's international arms policies and your nation's policies regarding international terrorism groups.

It is intentionally designed to restrict trade with your country in an effort to force your government to change.

Your choices are to (1) help convince your government to play nice with their neighbors in their international policies, or (2) move to a different country.

ooh how mach freedom smile.png

This is almost entirely because of your nation's international arms policies and your nation's policies regarding international terrorism groups.

Don't bring politics into it guys. It doesn't matter why the blockade exists (or what reasons are given by the people carrying out the blockade); the question is what Arvant can do about it.

If you can't do business with US companies directly, you would have to license the right of distribution to another company elsewhere in the world, and have them then do business with the US. Pick a country not on the sanctions list, or one where games/software isn't restricted -- e.g. the Australian sanctions apply to weapons, currency, precious stones, oil/gas/etc, but not entertainment -- and then have a friend there open a business for you, or find an existing business that is willing to be your middleman.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement