Problems with Visual Leak Detector

Started by
4 comments, last by littletray26 11 years, 1 month ago

Hey GameDev

I've recently moved to a new computer. I've installed MVS2010 and along with it, DXSDK 2010 and Visual Leak Detector.

I copied over all my projects from my previous computer, and all was fine and dandy until I tried using VLD. Every time I include <vld.h> in my game, I try running it in debug but get an error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application.

My program debugs fine without VLD, and also runs in Release mode, but obviously VLD doesn't print in Release. I don't understand what's wrong with it, it worked fine on my previous computer. Google provides no solution.

Thanks!

The majority of Internet Explorer users don't understand the concept of a browsing application, or that there are options.
They just see the big blue 'e' and think "Internet". The thought process usually does not get much deeper than that.

Worms are the weirdest and nicest creatures, and will one day prove themselves to the world.

I love the word Clicky
Advertisement

The 0xc0150002 error code means that it can't locate a DLL it needs to function. Run dependency walker on your program and see what it says regarding any missing files.

Thanks for your reply, Flimflam.

I ran Dependancy Walker, as you suggested and it returned this:

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\windows\system\VLD_X86.DLL" contains errors. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail (14001).
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
The majority of Internet Explorer users don't understand the concept of a browsing application, or that there are options.
They just see the big blue 'e' and think "Internet". The thought process usually does not get much deeper than that.

Worms are the weirdest and nicest creatures, and will one day prove themselves to the world.

I love the word Clicky

I'm admittedly not very knowledgeable regarding SxS issues... I know a lot of them can be resolved by downloading and installing the VS20xx redist packages:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

I'm not really sure which version the DLL you're having issues with was built against, so if that doesn't work then it might be wise to build your own VLD dll and see if that fixes it.

I suspect the main issue is:

I presume there's a 64-bit VLD dll which you want to be using.

I'm admittedly not very knowledgeable regarding SxS issues... I know a lot of them can be resolved by downloading and installing the VS20xx redist packages:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

I'm not really sure which version the DLL you're having issues with was built against, so if that doesn't work then it might be wise to build your own VLD dll and see if that fixes it.

I already have them, but thank you :)

I suspect the main issue is:

I presume there's a 64-bit VLD dll which you want to be using.

On my old system, which was 64 bit, I had no issues using the 32 bit VLD in my projects. I tried running the 64 bit version of the dll instead, but got the same error popup

I love the word Clicky

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement