Sign in to follow this  

Render To Texture - depthStencilView

This topic is 1757 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, 

I recently stumbled over a problem with my render-to-texture mechanism. I was setting

d3d11DevCon->OMSetRenderTargets(1, &renderTargetView, 0);
, what obviously will let me render to the renderTargetView, but without using a depthStencilView.

Now, when I try to pass my depthStencilView as the last parameter, nothing gets drawn anymore. Is there a specific parameter I have to set in the depthStencilView to allow it to be used when I draw to a texture?

Again, without the depthStencilView it works fine, but of course without depth.

If you need some more code on how I initialise stuff, let me know.

Thank you very much!

Could be a few reasons. Check your depth-stencil buffer is cleared correctly unless you're reusing it from a previous pass - depth initially set to 1 typically, so things with less depth pass the depth test. Stencil typically set to 0. And check your depth stencil tests are set as you expect, i.e. you haven't inadvertently left a stencil test set inappropriately from a previous operation, or got the depth test set the wrong way round. You could try temporarily turning both tests off completely to see if anything is drawn then.

This topic is 1757 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.