Gamers needed for survey! Prize draw & instant feedback!

Started by
1 comment, last by BadgertonStudios 11 years, 1 month ago
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me posting this, the mods said it'd be OK.
I’m a researcher at University College London (UCL) and I’m currently running a study looking at work stress and how people recover from work, investigating whether factors like playing video games and having online and offline social support help with this. I’m really keen to recruit gamers so it’d be great if anyone from this forum would be interested in taking part.
It only takes 15-20 minutes and you’ll receive instant feedback on things like whether you have high work strain, whether you’re successfully recovering from work and whether you’re work life is influencing your home life. Plus, you’ll be entered into a prize draw for one of six £50 Amazon vouchers (or equivalent, if you’re not in the UK) and you’ll be doing your bit to help understand post-work recovery and the possible positive applications of video games!
The only requirement is that you work at least 3 days/shifts per week and are over 18. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions or comments (my e-mail address is on the first page of the survey).
This is not a commercial survey and is being conducted as part of a larger research project hoping to develop tools to help people recover from physically or mentally demanding jobs.
Here’s the link:
Thanks in advance for your help!
Emily
Advertisement

A few gripes:

• That is an obscenely long survey - I only finished it because I'm waiting for code to compile.
  • The options for specifying one's job don't include any that apply to us, in the software industry.
    (In particular, we don't work in IT. The guys in IT are the ones who fix your printer)
  • I appreciate that the context was different each time, but I felt like I answered everything 3 times over.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Work strain level...LOW. Good stuff

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement