worldcraft and c++

Started by
11 comments, last by srv4u 22 years, 6 months ago
I know I can make levels with worldcraft, but how do I enetr c++ code to make a game?
Advertisement
You dont know anything about programming do you?

My suggestion is: stick to operating the toaster.
Or you could buy some programming books.
start here.
First.... you can''t make levels with WarCraft... unless you have a level editor.

Second... you need to know C++; buy the book "Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days"

Third.... you need a compiler.

Fourth.... 75% of the members of this site couldn''t make a game like WarCraft... so you need to think about the smaller games like "Pong" and "PacMan" or "Tetris."

And... to make 3D games... you need to learn an API like Direct X or OpenGL.

Good Luck.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
First: He said WORLDCRAFT not WARCRAFT. Yes, yes, he sure did.
Look it up Drizzt.

sr4u:
If you want to make a fps, which I assume (worldcraft), why not make a mod for your favorite game? Quake2 and Quake3 both use C, half-life uses c++, and Tribes2 has it''s own scripting language.

If you want to program in C++, pick up a few books. Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days is a good book, and it''s easy to read.

Dont get Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours. That''s a big no no.

If you decide to learn C++, go to borland.com and pickup their free C++ compiler.

Remember, C++ isn''t the only programming language out there. If you''ve never programmed before, there''s no shame in learning Basic. If anyone says otherwise, they''re ignorant.

Hey, wait.
Goto python.org and look at all the tutorials and documentations.

Python is really simple. You can make games (not very fast), database frontends, gui apps, etc.

Since python is interpreted you can run your code through and find out what''s wrong instantly; this is very convenient while learning. It''s better than compiling and recompiling.

Just have fun.

Later,

Lantz:
Good one, kid.

I am sorry... I was reading an article on The World of WarCraft while reading this post... so I got them mixed up.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche
I just remembered something....

blitzbasic.com
then
blitzcoder.com

go now srv4u =)
thanks for the replies. I guess my real question is once I learn c++ how do I turn it into some gaming action? Do I build the level in something like worldcraft and if so how do I get my classes and code to make the entities in my level work? Thanks
Once you learn C++, you''ll realize the fault in that question
Learn C++ and come back.... you''ll know whats missing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement