• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creepy debug problem

This topic is 5939 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m using Visual C++, using multithread LIBs. When I link my game using the multithread debug libraries, everything works fine, no error no assertions no nothing. However when I want to make a Release .exe file using the non debug libraries, my initialization code fails always. What I did was to still use the multithread debug libraries but I enabled the Debug Info checkbox, so I could debug, the problem lies in the fact that everytime that I get into a specific function using F10 or F11 to go step by step on the code, the dang VC++ gets freezed just in the moment that I try to execute the first code line (whatever that line code is) at that specific function. However this doesn''t happend always, because I call this function several times (from other functions) before this specific time. Does anyone have any experience dealing with this? Thank you /\ /__\ C.Z. Hagen

Advertisement
Make sure you''re in the correct thread. Under the Debug menu you should find an option "Process" or "Thread" or (something like that) which lets you switch the currently debugged thread.

Yeah, I''ve been there before too.

• Advertisement