Problem with pening avi file

Started by
3 comments, last by jenny_wui 11 years, 1 month ago

I am trying to open one avi file with VLC player. But it show the following error:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "MIL". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could anyone tell me what problem this is and how the file can be opened?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

AVI is a container format. It can store many different types of video and audio.

In order to play back any specific format, you need a decoder for it.

The decoder is sometimes called a codec, shorthand for "encoder/decoder".

Search for a codec pack that supports the specific format you need, or try one of the generic super-bundle codec packs and hope it contains yours.

The particular codec you need is the Matrox Imaging codec.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Could you be a more specific about the download version (website) of Matrox Imaging Codec as I am confused which one to download from the net. DO I need to download some video converter like prism too? I am not familiar with this. Please help me.

I downloaded a trial version of Matrox Imaging Library (MIL). Now with code reader I can play that avi file. Suppose I would like to convert it to some other or normal avi format so that I can view with vlc or windows media player. Anyone using MIL please give me some suggestion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement