Looking for completely honest feed-back

Started by
5 comments, last by mychii 11 years, 1 month ago

Edit: Got some not-so-good feedback on my mixing, so I took the tracks down to further edit and mix them.

Advertisement

I'm no musician so I can only give an opinion: I like it a lot!

I feel like the first piece could start at the 1 min 12 (or 16?) second mark and be totally awesome all the way through. 0:00-1:12 has its moments but I feel like its missing something, too repetitive maybe?

The second one is perfect from what I can hear. Nice job :)

Hey Tim, I've had a listen through 'At Odds' and in my opinion, it sounds great, however, at some parts it could do with fleshing out with maybe some droning strings, both high and low, to add tension. I often add higher pitched droning violin strings here and there to give a feel of either suspense or tension. The part that starts at around 1:55 is kick ass, yet in my opinion, needs to start earlier as it seems to me that there are one too many build ups. Other than that though, you're really onto something!

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. About the beginning of the one song, its repetitive because I imagined it within a game, but as a standalone song it really is lacking during the first half, soo I guess I'll get to fixing it today. biggrin.png

Hi! Nice works!

As for the At Odds, at 0:00 to 1:43, I think you could add more fills to give more tension like giving some instruments with crescendos (Timpani maybe), because for me that part is best to play around with the audience emotion, taking them to wonder what would happen/what is happening.

As for 1:43 and the rest, just an opinion, I would give a stronger variations on the crash especially after 2:33 when the music is growing significantly. I didn't mean you have to remove/change it with another crash, but more like showing that there is a stronger crash, to help that part to grow even more. For me personally a crash is great on making transitions (crescendo one) or on the climax parts.

As for the Momentum, the only one thing is I feel like its kinda heavy on the left. The rest it's awesome!

Cheers!

Hey mychii, thanks for the response. I took some of the feedback into consideration and re-uploaded At Odds.

@TimMena It's an honor, TimMena. I don't really remember the first version but it appears like you add something more in the first bars (pizzicato, strings [0:08-0:22], and timpani [0:51 - 0:58]) which give more variations? (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement