Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG images

This topic is 5901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ooo wow! .. haven''t been on these boards for like a year - good to see they are still going strong ok - here''s my deal.. I''ve written a little graphics generating proggy with OpenGL .. everything works great except when I want to render stuff bigger than the screen size (I''m talking like 4kx4k pixels on a 1280x1024 screen)... My proggy isn''t required to run in ''realtime'' nor does it need to display the OpenGL context at all .. it just renders some graphics at a user defined size and then saves it out as an image file... ..but when i try and render something larger than the screen size the areas off screen are black - I''m guessing that this is done by the 3d card (ie it only renders the area of the context within its screen size/resolution)... So now I''m thinking if there are any ways to render such a large image in sections. Perhaps rendering in tiles that are the size of the screen and then stitching those together - however I am rendering in a perspective mode so how can I break up a large image that is in perspective?? -any help/ideas?- -darkastaroth

BAH! ... always the way - you spend an hour or two looking for the answer .. finally post a question ... and then find the answer 10mins later ;PP

http://www.opengl.org/developers/code/sig99/advanced99/notes/node30.html

-darkastaroth
PS anyother ideas are still welcome tho