Help with Hack & Slash game in Unity3D

Started by
4 comments, last by gdebojyoti 11 years, 1 month ago

Hello.

I need to make a Unity3D game for a competition in my college. Type of game is FPS. However hack & slash games are also allowed.

I want it to be very basic. (This is the first time such a competition is being hosted in my college; so no high expectations).
Perhaps a couple of rooms/ corridors. With a door mechanism in the middle. About 10 enemies. And, if possible, maybe a boss fight at the end in a 3rd room. That's all.
VFX like sword trails will be a welcome addition, but not at all a must have requirement.

Any guide/ tutorial on how to build such a game will be very much welcome.
By the way, I have a basic knowledge of Unity3D. I also have access to 3D models (both self-made and free ones).
I know nothing about AI as of this moment. I'm going to go through some AI scripts & tuts right after posting this.

Please note that we need to use JS for the scripting part. And using scripts made by others

I came across Burgzergarcade.com's "Unity - Hack & Slash Tutorial".

But the entire stuff is way too big for me to study in a week.
Also, I think that the game is very advanced and has features which I don't need to incorporate in mine right now.
As I said before, I need to know how to create a very basic (and small) hack & slash game.

And I don't just want to compile some existing project files, either. I want to learn as I make. And make as I learn. :-)

Deadline - March 5, '13. Please help.

Thanks and regards.

Advertisement

Just watch selected videos from 'Hack & Slash' tutorials.There are videos that will help you solve your problems.

For example, at the start of the course there are like 3 short videos that teach you how to make simple AI that follows the player and attacks him.

PS. 1 week for game competition is weird, didn't they give you more time?

1 week for game competition is weird, didn't they give you more time?

A friend told me today that the time might get extended to a fortnight. Nothing's final though.

Just watch selected videos from 'Hack & Slash' tutorials.There are videos that will help you solve your problems.

For example, at the start of the course there are like 3 short videos that teach you how to make simple AI that follows the player and attacks him.

I'll try to do so. The thing is that I don't know C#.

By the way, will you please suggest the ones from the list that would be useful (besides the ones on Enemy AI - #3 & #4) for my project?

Thank you. :-)

I'll try to do so. The thing is that I don't know C#.

By the way, will you please suggest the ones from the list that would be useful (besides the ones on Enemy AI - #3 & #4) for my project?

You don't really need to know C# because Unity C# is totally different thing (of course I am talking about simple programming (or scripting in this case)). Though some programming knowledge would help so you would understand whats going on. Things like dot operator and methods.

You should scroll through videos and select what you need. Videos' titles are pretty descriptive :)

Alright. Thank you.

By the way, the last date of submission has been extended by 3 days to March 8.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement