Sign in to follow this  

C++ book?

This topic is 1785 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anyone recommend me a book that goes through everything?(from pointers to templates,aggregation etc.?

I don't need a total beginner book,but something to...reevaluate.

I like C++ Primer Plus

I learned on this one, which can be a little slow in the first couple chapters, but does a decent job of teaching you at least the basics of most of the language.  I'm not sure if there is a new version that covers C++ 11, but for all the other stuff it seems quite good to me.

C++ Primer Plus (6th edition) covers C++ 11, it is very dry in the first couple of chapters as it's designed for beginner's thru intermediate, I also have Beginning C++ through Game Programming, 3rd ed.

Many of you don't understand that I wanted a book to review c++,not to learn it.I code/read code every day.

Anyway,I chose Accelerated C++,mostly because it's compact and well explained,after that,I'll go more advanced.

Thanks

C++ Without Fear by Brian Overland

It covers a variety of stuff like pointers, memory, and the OOP concepts. I highly recommend it!

Sign in to follow this