help starting out

Started by
5 comments, last by Serapth 11 years, 1 month ago
Hey I'm not sure were to post this but I really need help, I want to start makeing games but I'm not sure how to start or were. Can anyone help please thanks ~Beats
Advertisement

Have you learned a programming language? It's difficult to give advice without knowing what kind of relevant experience you have.

Do you want to make games or program them? If you want to make games, you could take a stab at the free trial of RPG Maker, or if you want some more range in what you can make you could look at Unity3D. If you are interested in programming games you'll need to choose a programming language (C# with SFML or XNA, or Python with PyGame are popular suggestions for beginners).

More detail on what exactly you'd like to do will help you get more and more detailed responses.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

I assume you are comfortable and competent in the programming language you are using. The answer depends on which language you are using.

If you do not have programming experience, I suggest getting a book in Java and start coding basic programs. And if you have questions, just ask but be prepared to show us how much work you already put in.

Bear in mind, at the end of the day, games are software. Software is created using a programming language so you need to be adept in the language.

Happy coding!

Hey thanks for your help,the only language I know is HTML XD so not that much, so is Java a good way to start out? What websites/videos or books should I use? Once again thanks for everyone's help :D.

Hey thanks for your help,the only language I know is HTML XD so not that much, so is Java a good way to start out? What websites/videos or books should I use? Once again thanks for everyone's help biggrin.png.

Head First Java, you can order it from Amazon. Great book.

“There are thousands and thousands of people out there leading lives of quiet, screaming desperation, where they work long, hard hours at jobs they hate to enable them to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't like.”? Nigel Marsh

I want to be a game developer... now what?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement