• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kks21199

PS3 games in C++..

This topic is 2114 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello guys, I have a question..How do htey make PS3 games in C++, after learning for a year or less i have learned many things on computer game developing. Now the question is i know how to animate the models give controls to it, but how should i run it on ps3 for testing and the main queation is how can i code it, is there any sample, and I don't wanna use any engines

Advertisement
You can't.

You need the official tools and development kit that Sony only rents out to qualified publishers and developers.

You can't.

You need the official tools and development kit that Sony only rents out to qualified publishers and developers.

You don't rent SDK kits btw you have to buy them, it is often the publisher that owns the kit though and then they lend it to the studio for use.

You can't do anything Playstation related unless you rent out a development kit from Sony, as I said above.

You have a PC, you can make and test PC games.

Night, doesn't the publisher only lease them? That is what I have read all over the place. Edited by Daaark

but after finishing the pc game then if i get sony to rent my game i have to change the codes right and also how about xbox games

Sony and Microsoft only give development kits to big companies with lots of money and a resume of previous completed titles, and even then, it's not a given.

You can sell an indy game on Microsoft's Xbox Live Indy Games channel. It costs 99$ for a Creator's Club membership, and you can put up anything for sale as long as it passes a technical peer review. But I believe you have to be at least 18, so that means you have to wait 5 years, and I'm sure the service won't be around by then.

You can get a Google play developer's license for 25$ and then develop anything you want for the Google Play Store. This is one path of least resistance. Then you can develop for Android phones and tablets, and eventually, the Ouya.

You can't do anything Playstation related unless you rent out a development kit from Sony, as I said above.

You have a PC, you can make and test PC games.

Night, doesn't the publisher only lease them? That is what I have read all over the place.

No you buy them as the X360 comes with a Visual Studio license and the Sony kits cost 1800 USD a piece, however you do have to be recognised by MS or Sony as an actual developer to get them. You get more then just the devkit by buying one btw you also get access to the SDKs and Help forums.

Edited by NightCreature83

you can become an official ps vita developer by applying to Playstation Mobile program.

but it's not the official SDK for the big companies, it's more similar to XNA. Something for indies and small developer.

It costs 99$ per year. However, not all countries are supported yet.

Edited by Programmer Rami

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!