PS3 games in C++..

Started by
31 comments, last by kks21199 11 years, 1 month ago

Homebrew is not a bad place to start though. It gets you acquainted with the console and the hardware that makes it tick.

Unfortunately, I don't have 1800USD either so I can't buy it now. The only SDK I ever got my hands on was a decommissioned xbox1 XDK. Aside from that, I've used the 360 XDK on the job once (that was fun!); just wish it would have lasted a bit longer. I could be wrong, but after reading the developer application, I assume you have to have a valid company (indie with a sole proprietorship or bigger business LLC or Corporation) since it asks you for your company name and your position in that company.

Now, if your dad buys you a PS3 licence at the age of 14 and you end up writing a popular game, that would be a jaw dropper that would make great gaming history. You'd probably end up on TV too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I don't believe you can do it, but when I look back when I was 14, I didn't have things nearly as well as you do now. There was no gamedev.net, no shaders (at least not on consumer hardware), no Visual Studio Express, depending on where you lived no career support, and virtually no support for indie devs except for Xtreme Games. If you have parents that will back you up on this, go for it. At 14, I was pretty much on my own.

Shogun.

Advertisement

People don't mention homebrew because it's a waste of time, and contrary to what most people want. People don't want to work on things that have an effective audience of 0.

There is no real homebrew scene. It's all people who broke their consoles, porting over other people's code bases (quake 2 on my xbox!? Who cares?!?!"), or writing tic tac toe games you can download, burn and run. They aren't worth the cost of the disc! There are no real tools, no real support, and it doesn't get anyone any closer to their original goal of making a proper game.

i would beg to differ.

The PSP homebrew scene was intensely huge not more than a few years ago(and for legitimate homebrew, not for iso loading). the psp is just one homebrew scene to exist, their still exists popularity for older consoles as well. hell i know someone who still makes full games and prints them as cartridges for the coleco vision.

Homebrew can be a huge driving force for a device(the psp alone can attribute tons of features that first appeared through homebrew), to discount it so readily is a tell that you've never been apart of such scenes,

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Homebrew is not a bad place to start though. It gets you acquainted with the console and the hardware that makes it tick.

Unfortunately, I don't have 1800USD either so I can't buy it now. The only SDK I ever got my hands on was a decommissioned xbox1 XDK. Aside from that, I've used the 360 XDK on the job once (that was fun!); just wish it would have lasted a bit longer. I could be wrong, but after reading the developer application, I assume you have to have a valid company (indie with a sole proprietorship or bigger business LLC or Corporation) since it asks you for your company name and your position in that company.

Now, if your dad buys you a PS3 licence at the age of 14 and you end up writing a popular game, that would be a jaw dropper that would make great gaming history. You'd probably end up on TV too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I don't believe you can do it, but when I look back when I was 14, I didn't have things nearly as well as you do now. There was no gamedev.net, no shaders (at least not on consumer hardware), no Visual Studio Express, depending on where you lived no career support, and virtually no support for indie devs except for Xtreme Games. If you have parents that will back you up on this, go for it. At 14, I was pretty much on my own.

Shogun.

for me my parents can spend money if I do it, so I am also going slowly by slowly, once i finish my computer video game to at least last for 10 mins then it turn for my ps3 or by then ps4

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement