Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simple MFC treeview question

This topic is 5897 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i''m working on a 3D modeller, and i wanted to display the textures in a tree control. i have implemented the custom draw for various font changes etc, but i cannot find any way to actually change the size of the item (height especially). i have tried using the itemex items, and modifying iIntegral, but it doesn''t do the job acuratly enough. any ideas?

it''s not a coordinate issue, it''s really an issue of displaying a 24 bit image in a tree control.
i can only think of two ways, to use the custom draw to draw each item myself, but when i''ve tried this, i can''t actually set the sizes of the tree items properly. ideally each item would be 64 pixels high. the other way would be to save the image to a bitmap and use it as part of an image list. however, i haven''t (as asked before) ever seen a treeview with anything other than 16x16 images.
i''d use a custom control, or a list control, but the entire scene has to be viewed as a heirarchy with this tree control, it has all the objects and settings as well.

that''s a good idea. i''m really low on screen space, the treeview takes a large side of the left of the window. I suppose if i had just the names of the textures in the tree, and then a button that hid the tree window, and showed a list control, and populated it with the items in the tree, that would be the best way to do it (short of writing a custom control, which i cannot face doing!).
thanks for all your help!