Feedback for Ambient Track?

Started by
3 comments, last by Olliepm 11 years, 1 month ago

Just looking for a little feedback on this track I made, if anyone feels like it? https://soundcloud.com/echo-gecko/spacebound

Advertisement

Hey,

I think it sounds pretty cool! In my opinion, it's a bit too bright for outerspace but could work quite nicely for an underwater level. Some of the higher frequencies were a bit too present to my ears, perhaps experimenting with some EQ could help.

Thanks for sharing!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thanks a lot! I agree actually about the high frequencies.. I was working on something else and this was an accidental bi-product, but it only took a few hours and I didn't check it on monitors. I think my headphones are a bit bass heavy so this is probably it sounds that way. Maybe it would sound cool to low pass the whole track and automate the frequency to sweep, only letting the highs through on occasion.

Much appreciated feedback =]

Highs are just a tiny bit harsh. Otherwise I think it's great. I see it as a bittersweet type thing. Flashbacks of someone who died. Last moments on earth for an astronaut about to make a great journey (or watching the earth slowly fade away). The curmudgeony old man was actually working his whole life on a secret project for his family/organization/all of humanity and the benefactors are now getting the big reveal after his death. Something like that. I could see a dream sequence, but maybe something significant and revealing

Haha, I love how you can give such detailed scenarios for such a vague track. You guys are right though; the highs are seriously making me consider a redo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement