Does this exist ?

Started by
2 comments, last by samgj 11 years, 1 month ago

Hi guys, not sure if this is a correct place to post this, if not please help me move it.

The simple way to put the idea is Sid meier's pirate + Dwarf fortress

I was thinking of an adventure game where you control a small crew of adventurers where you can choose your own destiny in a randomly generated world, somewhat like dwarf fortress. Instead of building a fortress, you take the crew and explore the world, creating a name for yourself. You can be a pirate, pillaging villages , robbing other ship, or be an adventurer exploring the world and collecting artifacts.

Each of your crew member will also have personalities and can become famous in their own right. Fighters can become legendary and famous throughout the world, Doctors on your ship can also become legendary if they found cure for diseases. Craftsman can become famous if they make good weapon/armor.

I not sure how the gameplay would be like since I am focusing on the experience that the player will have when playing the game.

Any idea if such game exist ?

Check out my blog at zwodahs.github.io and zwodahs.itch.io/

Advertisement
Not to my knowledge. There was a brilliant game called cutthroats that had no quest, and just involved you commanding a crew of pirates, attacking ships, villages, Towns etc. the only end to the game was when you had sufficient cash to share out among yourself and your crew, and you could capture ships, pressgang the crew, etc, trade cargo etc. my brother designed the cover art. It was a good game. But you didn't become famous for anything other than piracy, and your crew couldn't become famous, either.

The idea kind of reminds me of Wasteland, but that game (and games like it) were from a time where technological limitations prevented the world from reacting to the player in the ways you're suggesting. Skyrim, Fallout, and other games that do focus on You the Player and go to great lengths to demonstrate your effects on the world, but there it's all about a single individual and not a group or party. So...no games that fit your particular mold come to mind.

That sounds amazing. There aren't that many games about pirates and the ones that do focus on one person or don't have simulation as deep as Dwarf Fortress.

SAMULIKO: My blog

[twitter]samurliko[/twitter]

BitBucket

GitHub

Itch.io

YouTube

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement