People like this make life worth living

Started by
1 comment, last by kuramayoko10 11 years, 1 month ago
Let me be clear. This is not a religious debate or a jab at religion. This point of this post is that people from all walks of life do not take the time to understand literature, their environment, and the world at large. However, this quote made me smile .... and laugh. So I thought I'd share.

This from an ABC article about the 5 series special on the Bible.

"We have run into people that have thought, believe it or not, that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife, or that Sodom and Gomorrah lived happily ever after," Downey said. "And [we] thought, if nothing else, just to set the record straight."

Interviewer: "Are you a Christian?"
Person X: "Yes, I am!"
Interviewer: "Why are a Christian as opposed to a Buddhist? What resonates with you?"
Person X: "I don't know really. I guess I did it for the lulz...."

Note: This is my interpretation of people who claim to be something but have no idea what the group (whatever it is) is about.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

i'm not really certain what your attempting to convey.

although reading the article, the fact that they believe this well bring over a billion people(with billion apparantly being a low number) to join/re-find failth/ (w/e) Christianity, i find completely hilarious.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Yes, there is lots and lots of people ignorant out there: they do not know some stuff and/or misunderstand others.

And religion is really a big one.

The quote is pretty funny. I agree with you about people that didn't ever thought on why they are inserted into a group. But I disagree with this question:

Interviewer: "Why are a Christian as opposed to a Buddhist? What resonates with you?"

Religion doesn't have to be one or another. I myself like to study several of them and assemble a list of standards to follow. That is my religion.

Just pointing it out. Not creating a debate here smile.png

Programming is an art. Game programming is a masterpiece!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement