God Rays + Alpha ( is it possible )?

Started by
12 comments, last by riuthamus 11 years, 1 month ago

nice link. Also, they neglected to mention that they also added a lens flare effect

Aren't 5 passes kind of expensive? I've found ping-ponging between FBO's to have a MAJOR impact on performance.

wouldn't a simple radial blur act as a cheap approximation to the 2nd pass + 3rd pass combined? I'm not really sure why it's implemented in two separate passes,

a WIP 2d game engine: https://code.google.com/p/modulusengine/

English is not my first language, so do feel free to correct me :)

Advertisement

nice link. Also, they neglected to mention that they also added a lens flare effect

Aren't 5 passes kind of expensive? I've found ping-ponging between FBO's to have a MAJOR impact on performance.

wouldn't a simple radial blur act as a cheap approximation to the 2nd pass + 3rd pass combined? I'm not really sure why it's implemented in two separate passes,

That 5th pass technique is optimized carefully to certain hardware. PowerVR hardware does not like texture fetches where texture coordinate is calculated at pixel shader. If you have simple radial blur without using any dependant texture reads could you please share it?

Edit: Never mind I got it working.

Btw, for those wondering we did get it working using the tutorials provided. They are very cheap and have a very nice end result. Thanks for all the help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement